Not able to use the paypal helper dll

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:13 AM

When i followed the instructions provided in the Paypal bakery sample website.

I did the following:

Configured the paypal API credentials in the _AppStart.cshml,

specified the recvr email (paypal sandbox environment seller id) in the OrderSimpleSuccess.cshtml

specified the emails for primary (paypal sandbox environment seller id) and secondary rcvrs (my personal email address) in OrderChainedSuccess.cshtml,

I get the following error when i debug the default.cshtml page:

Exception of type 'PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException: Exception of type 'PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException' was thrown.

Source Error:

Line 21:     var sender = customerEmail;
Line 22:     
Line 23:     var response = PayPal.AdaptivePayments.SimplePay.Execute
Line 24:                     (receiver, amount, sender, "WebMatrix Integration", "127.0.0.1", "Test Device", cancelUrl, returnUrl);  
Line 25:     

Source File: c:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\PayPal.Helper.Sample\PayPal.Bakery\OrderSimpleSuccess.cshtml Line: 23

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM

this is great tool, it just a typo mistake. just replace:

soapEnvelope = soapEnvelope.Replace("<soapenv:Enve

lope xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\"><soapenv:Header /><soapenv:Body>", string.Empty);
with:
soapEnvelope = soapEnvelope.Replace("<soapenv:Enve
lope xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\"><soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body>", string.Empty);
then you are ready to go.
the only think I need now is how to pass custom filed int AdaptivePaymnet so I can get it back from IPN
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM

paypal helper does NOT work 

Exception Details: PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException: Exception of type 'PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException' was thrown.

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM

paypal helper does NOT work with WebMatrix - Even downloaded the PayPal Helper Sample sample application to see if that would work.  

Does not work - spent a few hours researching - waste of time.  

Exception Details: PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException: Exception of type 'PayPal.Platform.SDK.FATALException' was thrown.